Haryana Civil Service Examination, HCS, conducted by the Haryana Public Service Commission for the right candidates in the different posts of Haryana Public Administrative Services. A large number of candidates are taking part of this test, since it offer a career path in the highest public service filed of the state.
Structure of HCS Exam
The HCS examination consists of two stages, the written examination and the Viva test.
The written examination again divided into two, the Compulsory papers and the optional papers. The exam is of three hours duration and will be in the subjective and objective format.
English: 150 marks
Hindi: 150 marks
The candidates have to select any of the three optional subjects from the following list. But some combinations are not allowed, so before selecting the optional the students need to check the availability of the combinations.
The qualified candidates are asked to appear for the viva part and then for the personal interview round. The rank list are made on the overall marks obtained by the students.
- English Essay
- Prcis Writing Expansion
- Tests In Vocabulary
- Hindi Passage, Prose & Poetry
- Hindi Esaay
- Translation Of An English Passage Into Hindi
- Current Events
- Economic Importance
- Scientific Aspects
- Indian History
- History Of Europe
- Political Science
- Advanced Accountancy And Auditing Or
- Business Organization Management
- English Littrateur
- Urudu Literature
- Hindi Literature
- Punjab Literature
- Public Administration
The basic eligibility is Graduation in any subject from the recognized university. There will be no specification in the minimum mark requirements. The candidates should be between the age limit of 21-35. The special category is eligible for the needed consideration as per the Government rules.
How to Apply?
The application form is available by paying Rs.150/- through a treasury deposit or Crossed Indian Postal Order or by DD to Secretary Haryana Public Service Commission. One can also purchase the form from the HPSC office at Chandigarh. The reservation category need to pay only Rs.75/- for the application form. The application form should send to the desired address before the closing date and one can find the instructions in the detailed notification given by the HPSC.
HCS Exam center and Contact Address
- The Commissions office at Bays No.1-10,Block-B,Sector-4,Panchkula,Hayrana
Reference Books for HCS Exam
- A struggle for Independence – Bipin Chandra
- Advanced study in the History of Medival India – Volume I, II, III J.L. Mehta
- An Advanced History of India – R.C. Majumda, H.C. Raychaudhurai, – Kalikinkar Datta
- Ancient India – an introductory outline – D.N.Jha.
- Ancient India – L.Mukherjee
- Ancient India Social and Culture – Luniya
- Charles Farro : General Principles of World Geography
- Charles Farro : Monsoon Asia Reports published by Centre for Science and Enviornment And Tata Energy Research Institute
- D.D. BasuIndian Constitution
- Freedom Struggle Bipinchandra
- Indian Constitution by P.M. Bakshi
- KashyapConstitution of India
- Khullar : India- A Comprehnsive Geography
- Medival India – L. Mukherjee
- Medival India – Volume I & II Satish Chandra
- Modern India – L. Mukherjee
- Modern Indian History – Groover & Grooover.
- N.L. Madan : Bhartiya Rajya Vyavastha
- National journal – Kurukshetra, Yojana
- Our Constitution by Subhash C. kashyap
- Perspective on Constitution by S.C. Kashyap
- Popular Science Series (CSIR)
- Publication DivisionSubhash C. Kashyap : Our Parliament
- Reports Of the Ministry of Science and Technology Yojana
- Sharma & Cotinho : Economic and Commercial Geography of India.
- Wonder that was India – A.L. Bhashem.
- Wonder that was India – Rizzvi
Coaching Centers for HCS
- Jurist Academy
- Target IAS
- Brain Tree
- Ambedkar Study Circle
A proper study plan is important to score high in the examination. The concept in each subject should be thorough and the candidates need to start their preparation at least one year before. The coaching center and reading journals and newspaper help you to prepare well for the exam. The reference books and previous year question papers should be included in the study material. Take the mock test, it help you to adjust your time management.
How and Where To Get the Results?
The result will available in the official portal of Haryana Public Service commission. The eligible candidates also get the information by the personal mail ID.
The score is valid for one year or until the next exam will held.