The Bank of Baroda is one of the prominent financial institutions in the country. They conduct exams for Probationary Officers for the eligible candidates in the banking sector. The bank carries out PO exams every year and the selection process include the written exam followed by personal interview.
Structure of BOB PO
The written exam is of multiple choice objective type, the candidates are given options and must select the correct answer for each questions. There will be negative marking for each wrong answer
- Quantitative Aptitude
- Socio-Economic & Banking Awareness
- English and Marketing Aptitude
Syllabus of BOB PO
- Comprehension Of A Passage
- Sentence Completion
- Number Series
- Arithmetical Reasoning
- Differences/ Similarities
- Relationship Concepts
- Space Visualization
- Verbal And Figure Classification
- Visual Memory
Socio-Economic & Banking Awareness
- Social Scenario
- Economic condition of India and Other countries
- Banking Concepts
- Different Term in Banking
- Basic Mathematical relations and Formulas
- Time and Distance
- Relationship between Numbers
The candidates must have at least 55% of marks in Graduation in any stream under a reputed university. The applicant under special category will get the reservation as per the Government norms. The candidates must have a good base in MS office and windows system. The candidates must be under the age limit 21-30.
How to Apply?
The candidates are asked to fill the form by online. For that the candidates must take the challan available in the BOB branches and fill correctly for the cash payment. The application will cost Rs.300/- . The SC/ST candidates need to pay only Rs.50/- as the application fee. Then they have to register for the exam in the Bank website and resister your application before the deadline.
How to fill the Form?
The candidates must use a valid email ID while applying. They should carefully read the instruction for filling the application form. The candidates need to enter the information from the challan while filling the form. So keep the challan with you when applying online. Make sure that each word spells correctly as that in the official records. After giving all the information correctly clicks submit for registering your application. The candidates are asked to keep the copy of the challan as well as the completely filled application pint out for the future reference.
Website link open: Month of January, 2012
Date of written test: Second Week of March, 2012
Payment of fees at BOB branches: First- Third Week of January, 2012
Downloading Call Letter From: First Week Of March, 2012
List of BOB PO Exam centers
Contact Address for the BOB PO Examination
BANK OF BARODA RECRUITMENT OF PROBATIONARY OFFICERS,Post Box No. 8471, Borivali (West),Mandapeshwar Post Office,MUMBAI – 400 103
Reference Books for BOB PO Exam
- Upkars State Bank Probationary Officers Examination by T. S. Jain Upkars
- Upkars Publications Bank Probationay Oficer by Khanna
- Suras Bank Probationary Officers Examination
- Reference Books for BOB PO Exam
- Reasoning by R.S.Agarwal [Verbal and nonverval ]
- Previous Papers BANK P. O. Recruitment Exam G. K. Publishers (p) Ltd
- Mathematics by R.S.Agarwal
- Mathematics by O.P. Tandon
- Mathematics by O.P. Agarwal
- Marksman Reasoning
- Indian Economy by Ruddra Dutt and Sundaram
- Principles of Management by P C Tripathi and P N Reddy
- Finance Sense: Corporate Finance For Non-finance Executives by Prasanna Chandr
- Ever Latest General Knowledge by Verma and khanna
- Essential of Grammar by Oxford Publication
- English Grammar by Wrein and Martin
- BANK P. O. & Specialist Officers Exam G. K. Publishers (p) Ltd
- A Text book on Data Interpretation and Logical reasoning by Arun Sharma
Coaching Centres for BOB PO Exam
- Miglani Tutorials
- Hyderabad School of Banking
- Gandhi IAS study Center
- Career Launcher
- Axiom Academy
- APEX Academy
- AAABright Academy
BOB is one of the major recruiters in the Banking industry and hence the competitive level of the exam is high. The candidates must prepare well before taking the exams. The important aspect is the time frame. One should cover all the section since there is sectional cutoff.
There are many reference material are available in the market with previous years questions. The candidates can refer those while preparing. Many online materials are there to help the applicants. Take as much as similar type of competitive exams which will help you to take the exam with confidence. You can also use the help of coaching centers of bank exam while preparing.
How and Where To Get the Results?
The results are available in the official site of BOB, http://www.bankofbaroda.com/. The eligible candidates for the next round are informed by their personal mail. The candidates need to submit the roll number and date of birth for getting the result.
The cutoff will vary each year depending upon the highest score and the competitive nature of the exam and also depends on the number of vacancy to overall participants. Last years cutoff is given below,
For the General Category,
Reasoning: 19 Marks
Quantitative Aptitude: 12 Marks
General Socioeconomic & Banking Awareness: 9 Marks
English: 10 Marks
Marketing Aptitude: 11 Marks
Over all Cut Off (General Category): 149 Marks out of 275 Marks
The score is valid until all the notified vacancies are filled. The score never carry forward for the next time.